Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Beautiful Stationery - of course

My wedding was amazing. I loved every minute of it. I loved planning it and most of all, I loved designing it. Coming from an advertising background, my very first instinct was to give my wedding a "look" or a "brand" so to speak. With all the different aspects to a wedding I felt like it needed a golden thread to run through it - something to bring it all together.

I love design and I love to make something as personal and perfect as possible. I asked God what look my wedding should have. He told me to design a family coat of arms and use it through out the wedding stationary. What a great idea! Obviously the coat of arms would not look anything like your average coat of arms, but instead it has personal touches of Mike and I, our relationship and our story. Our wedding stationery tells our story. From Giraffes and Proteas to Beavers and Maple leaves. So much fun. When my wedding planner asked me what the colours and look for the wedding was, I simply handed her the invitation and told her, "it should look like this" She, obviously a genius, managed to capture the special and quirky feel that the invite portrayed.

I then went on to design name cards, seating plans and thank you cards that all tied in with the beautiful look of the wedding.





I was so inspired by my wedding that I decided to do the same for other brides & grooms. We don’t have to be victims of mediocrity and sameness any longer! Now, You can also have something personal, something that actually means something, something that you can keep for the rest of your life. Your story in a picture. Marvelous.

I am currently working on two sets of stationery for two extraordinary couples and will post some examples as soon as I'm done.

To contact me, simply email me at jeanie.debeer@gmail.com or visit Dear Jeanie's Facebook page

I would love to hear your story!
Love
Jeanie

Photographs: welovepictures





2 comments: